Monday, June 26, 2017

Nigel Slater's Baked Flounder with Parmesan Crumbs for Potluck

It's Potluck time at I Heart Cooking Club and I am bringing a dish from one of my favorites - Nigel Slater.  Have you ever perused one of his Kitchen Diaries cookbooks?  It's so much more than a cookbook.  As the title suggests it's a diary about his kitchen and garden interspersed with good recipes.

I have read through most of the Kitchen Diaries as well as Tender, sometimes just for the prose, visualizing his garden with the plants, the foxes and that great dining table he talks about.  But today, I bring you a recipe of Nigel's that I found in Food and Wine magazine online.  Baked Flounder with Parmesan Crumbs.

It's easy, you toss it in the oven and 15 minutes later you have a good meal.  Perfect for a workday or a lazy day.

fish

Nigel Slater's Baked Flounder with
Parmesan Crumbs


Ingredients

• 4 flounder fillets (2 pounds total)
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil


Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 F.
In a large baking dish, season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
Mix the Parmesan with the bread crumbs, melted butter and olive oil and sprinkle over the fillets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the topping is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.


Sharing with I Heart Cooking Club and the Potluck theme. Click on the link and see what everyone else brought to the party!

10 comments:

  1. I enjoy leaving through Tender, such a delicious read. This baked flounder sounds like something coming out from his kitchen, with a good story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fish lover but I do enjoy a piece of flounder once in awhile. I'll add this recipe to my list to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious and sounds easy-peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, Tender is a book I will always own. So much good reading material. Thanks for visiting.

    Vicki, I hope you like it!

    Debra, easy always works after a long day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super simple and sounds tasty. Flounder is one of the few kinds of fish that I eat. I really need to try Nigel Slater's recipes. I've gotten a cookbook or 2 out of the library but have never actually cooked from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sound and look delicious, I do love fish this way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katherine, I like read from his books Kitchen Diaries and Tender. It's a diary about foods. Love it.

    EmilyC, thanks so much for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss his Kitchen Diaries? Sounds like my kind of read.

    That fish looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nigel and easy recipes like this one. Thanks for joining us at IHCC for Potluck this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beth F - you will love it!

    Thanks, Deb. I like to hook up when I can, love Nigel's recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........