Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Food 'n Flix Roundup - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

It was fun hosting the movie for August at Food 'n Flix.  The selected movie was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. One of my favorite movies in the Harry Potter series.


20200621_145934

The tables of food at Hogwarts provides the most inspiration as they are empty one moment then with a wave of Dumbledore's wand, they are magically covered with platters of meats, veggies, fruits and desserts.  The train journey to Hogwarts has some inspiration as well with carts of snacks and candies.

Let's get right to the roundup of goodies!

20200803_120334

First one in is Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures and she brought a stunningly beautiful cake.  Amy said: 
"Now, when it comes to Harry Potter, I like the books much more than the movies. However, the first movie (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) stayed the truest to the book. " Amy is like me, a real Potter enthusiast. Check out her post HERE.



Next up is Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla.  Camilla brought Chocolate Caramel Cauldrons (Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee caramel and Bourbon Cream).
Camilla was not a fan of the movie but still brought us a delicious treat inspired from Hogwarts.  Check out her post HERE.




Wendy from A Day in the Life on a Farm liked the movie and made these cute chocolate frogs.  Wendy says, " Delight your Harry Potter fan or just your chocolate lover with these fun frogs that I was inspired to make after watching, for the umpteenth time, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." Check out her post HERE




Debra from Eliot's Eats  brought us Adult Butterbeer Ice Cream.  She says, " I 
feel great nostalgia for this movie because I believe the only time I watch any of the series is with the nephews (who are now nineteen and thirteen). Check out her post HERE




My submission was a cherry filled chocolate cake shaped (I hoped) like a cauldron. It was very tasty and I'd like to think Harry, Ron and Hermoine might enjoy this with a cup of tea. The Cauldron Cake post may be found HERE.


Thanks to all who joined in and I hope you had fun.  If I made any omissions please contact me and I'll sort it out.  

Coming up in September at Food 'n Flix is the movie Chocolat to celebrate the 10 year anniversary!  I will be tuning in for that festival.


Sharing with Food 'n Flix and also with  Joy for British Isles Friday as it's a Harry Potter/ J.K. Rowling themed event.

  brifri  

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, Tina! What a great round-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camilla, it was fun. It's been a while since I hosted. Love your chocolate caramel cauldrons. Mmmm.....

      Delete
  2. Great round-up and certainly appropriate to join up with British Isles Friday as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, Thanks! I'm glad you brought ice cream :-)

      Delete
  3. I love seeing everybody’s contributions —such a fun movie choice! Thank you for hosting Tina. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I am looking forward to the Chocolat month. Glad you liked the movie.

      Delete
  4. Fun! I think I got sugar rush just looking at all these amazing desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, they are indeed amazing desserts. Beautiful. Hope J.K. Rowling would be pleased :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for hosting and choosing my favorite series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you, girl?? I am missing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! I just faded away. It's nice to be thought of! Coming to "see you" today at your blog.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........