Sunday, April 24, 2022

How can it be Sunday already?

This is a ramble for Sunday Salon and Weekend Cooking events as we made a spur of the moment decision to go camping.  Finally arrived in Georgia and it's so hot! While I'm cooling down inside here's the week of reading and baking.

Reading

The Banker’s Wife by Cristina Alger  was pretty good and I would read more by this author.  Financial crime, murder and mystery.  Currently I am reading The Ruin by Dervla Tiernan.  This is the first in a series featuring D. I. Cormac Reilly.  It's set in Ireland and the blurb on the front states it's for fans of Tana French so...I'm on board.  Tana is one of my favorite authors.  So far I'm loving it.


Library Loot / two movies with Morgan Freeman.  That was actually a coincidence.  Lucky # Slevin and Seven.  Similar titles too.  You just can't plan that.


Clouds which were quite interesting in formation.  Doug took the photo.


 Sipping / Côtes Du Rhône 




Baking / English Muffin Toasting Bread, a recipe from the King Arthur Flour site HERE



Baguettes are our favorite so they are made fairly regularly.

Sharing with Sunday Salon & belatedly with The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking.

Looking forward to Deb's photos from Paris this week!





23 comments:

  1. The wine, bread, and fruit look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking wine & bread! Have fun camping.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mae. Bread and wine always go along :-)

      Delete
  3. I used to love Tana French's books, but not her more recent releases. I'll be eager to see how you wind up liking The Ruin.

    Oooh, Seven is such a good movie. It's been years since I watched it, though.

    That wine looks yummy!

    Enjoy your camping trip. I'm getting anxious to head out next month for three weeks. It's been a long wet winter and we are finally ready to hit the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I'm with you about Tana's latest books. I still think she's a fabulous writer but I loved the Dublin Murder Squad more. Looking forward to hearing about your camping trip upcoming!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your camping! Your bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marg! We are enjoying it. The weather is nice.

      Delete
  5. Your bread & baguettes look so good! I have listened to the audio of one of Cristina Alger's books ... Girls Like Us ... it was just okay but maybe her other ones are better. Happy camping! your dog looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CueCard - This was my first book by Alger and I liked it. Thanks for you compliment about Loki!

      Delete
  6. Oh, that bread looks so, so good! Hi, Loki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE love baguettes too and my husband eats some daily! The wine looks pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need your baguette recipe. We are bringing home from France our new addiction to them.

    I hope you have a great time camping. I'm thinking of buying a camping tent. My husband doesn't want to tent camp, but I do. I just need to be courageous.

    Côtes Du Rhône sounds fabulous. It looks fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I will send the recipe to you, it's so easy. We don't tent camp anymore because we'd never sleep but we do have fun!

      Delete
  9. I love Baguettes, especially with soup. I want to go camping so much but my family only wants to go Glamping :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, baguettes are my favorite bread to bake. Nice texture. We "glam" as well as I know we won't sleep in a tent!

      Delete
  10. I loved the Ruins! I thought it was a stand alone. I'll have to grab the next one. Those breads look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I have been seeing this author and grabbed a copy before our trip. I will read more by McTiernan.

      Delete
  11. The only good thing about winter is red wine!

    The Banker's Wife does sound like a good and compelling read and something I will probably also enjoy a lot.

    Sorry I reply to you so late, the week has been busy so far!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man that wine and bread look good! How was camping in hot Georgia?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love McTiernan's books as well.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........