Sunday, April 17, 2022

Sunday Salon time.......
{reading, sipping, camping and plants}

Here it is, Sunday already. What a week.  We are just back from camping at Seminole State Park in Georgia.  


It never gets old looking at the lake and I sometimes wish we lived there.  I couldn't get the walking in as I usually do because I injured my knee. Again.

Just for the record it was through my own dumbassery.  I was cleaning off a few steps at home and stepped back, without looking, because I thought I was already on the bottom step. Yeaaah.....flying through the air is an amazingly scary experience.  Honestly, I could have done a worse injury so........lesson learned and do I feel like a dope. Ugh.

Here's the roundup for Sunday Salon.

Books / For fiction I have a mystery by Lisa Unger featuring stalking and intrigue and a collection of old Maeve Binchy short stories.

A Few of the Girls by Maeve Binchy

Last Girl Ghosted by Lisa Unger


Aesop's Animals: The Science Behind the Fables for a nonfiction reading challenge hosted at  Book'd Out.  Upcoming is Taste by Stanley Tucci for Cook the Books.

Sipping / I’m not always a seasonal sipper. It’s usually whites I seek out when it’s hot but here are some reds that are our go-to no matter what the temperatures outdoors.  

Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon, a Jadot Beaujolais and a George Duboeuf Beaujolais and a Malbec. The wine cooler has more whites now than red but it's ever changing on the mix.


New to us / Picked up this double cream cheese produced from a local dairy in Thomasville Georgia.  We are only about 45 minutes away from Thomasville.


Outside / The azaleas are loaded with bees and butterflies.


I didn't know the name of this plant when we brought it home but it was so pretty and could take full sun so....here it is. It's labeled Mandevilla whihc I looked up and liked the other name - Rock Trumpet.  


That's it. I hope you had a great week and life is good wherever you are!

Sharing with Deb at Readerbuzz for Sunday Salon




23 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring flowers and all!


    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am just finishing up Last Girl Ghosted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I guess you must be liking it! I loved the twist about the identites and the secrets. Hope you find that Chowerland book we talked about interesting as well.

      Delete
  3. Ugh... so sorry about your knee! Hope you are back to walking soon. The flowers are beautiful! We've been in CT the last week or so, then drove up to central NY Friday to see my parents for Easter. It's snowing here this morning...must get back to FL soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn- Snow?! In April?? Yes, you need to get back here, lol. We've had some rain but otherwise no threatening weather. Thanks for the thoughts on my knee. I am missing walking but have an appointment at the Tallahassee Orthopedic center tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. The Lake does look like a place to have a nice relaxing time!

    Last Girl Ghosted is on my TBR, keep us posted on what you think of it.

    Have a wonderful week ahead and thanks for visiting us!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza, the lake is so pretty...and relaxing.

      Delete
  5. Out of those five bottles, which is the most "go-to"? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan, probably the Beaujolais. That Cabernet is a good hearty wine and goes well with meats but we do love a Beaujolais.

      Delete
  6. Oh no! So sorry about the fall! Good thing you have wine on hand!

    The flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jinjer! Doing a little better & going to the doctor tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Hoping your Easter was serene... Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mandevilla! Last year, I bought a plant that looked so much like it, but was half the price at Home Depot. It was called dipladenia.

    I hope everything goes well today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, this is my first plant like this and it's gorgeous. I think I may try to find a trellis for it n case it actually does climb.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I've fallen a few times while I have been here in France.

    I love seeing your wines. The cheese looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, please be careful wandering aroubd there! Can't wait to see your photos.

      Delete
  10. Hope you recover soon from your trip. I hate steps for that reason alone! Last Girl Ghostd I started, but see I didn't register it on Goodreads so maybe I didn't finish it! If so if may not have been memorable enough to leave a lasting memory. Enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, thank you so much. I went to the doctor today and it's healing...slowly :-) I did like that book so I will see if I can get into any more by Lisa Unger. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  11. oh such glorious flowers! sorry to hear you fell. i am still recovering with my ribs after slipping in the bathroom in august!! the ribcage is a mysterious thing :) sounds like you were very lucky really ... cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, Thanks for your good wishes. I'm glad you are continuing to heal!

      Delete
  12. Marvelous photo of the white heron in flight!!

    Sorry to hear about your knee/fall. I had a similar situation where I was walking across a parking lot, talking to my husband, and didn't see the concrete wheel bumper and nearly landed on my face. I was able to stay upright, but my hip and knee twisted the wrong way and I was sore for a few days. Just glad I didn't fall and break anything. Sounds like you got lucky, too.

    I like all of those wines, but haven't tried that particular Malbec. It's been years since I've had a Duboeuf. Yum!

    Gorgeous azaleas (I always have to spellcheck azaleas!) and Mandevilla. We were just in Tennessee and enjoyed all the spring color.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I snap so many photos with my phone and hope I can catch a bird in flight. Sometimes I'm lucky.
      Yeas, I was actually fortunate to not have done worse damage when I fell. I need ot be more careful!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........