Tuesday, December 13, 2022

2022 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge Wrap up
{hosted by Marg at The Intrepid Reader}

The is the end of the year for the historical reading challenge hosted by Marg at The Intrepid Reader.  Thank you for hosting, Marg, it was a blast!


This year I started the book blogging at Turn the Page and ended it here on this site.  Here's my round up for  historical fiction books I read for 2022.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell

The Silence by Susan Allott

Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone by Diana Gabaldon

The Dynamite Room by Jason Hewitt

Postcards From A Stranger by Imogen Clark

A Few of the Girls by Maeve Binchy

The Ruin by Dervla McTiernan

The Glass Lake by Maeve Binchy

Ashton Hall by Laura Belfer

How To Stop Time by Matt Haig

I, Mona Lisa by Natasha Solomons

Mastering the Art of French Murder by Colleen Cambridge

All that is Mine I Carry With Me by William Landay

The Secret Book of Flora Lea by Patti Callahan Henry

Foster by Claire Keegan

The Lost English Girl by Julia Kelly

Secrets Between Friends by Tracy Buchanan

The Lost for Words Bookshop by Stephanie Butland

Maureen by Rachel Joyce

Signal Fires by Dani Shapiro

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

*My favorites of these titles are Foster, All That is Mine I Carry with Me, The Silence, The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, Signal Fires and Lessons in Chemistry.

*Most disappointing was Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone.

If you've participated this year and want to link up check out Marg's link HERE.  I know we still have a few weeks to go but I won't get to my other historical fictions this year so I'll close it out.

Sharing with Deb at Readerbuzz for Sunday Salon and Marg at The Intrepid Reader.


12 comments:

  1. Interesting list — I have not read a single one of them! Though I did read some historical fiction this week, assuming you define it as a novel set in a time that the author didn’t personally live through. (Which means some books about the 20th century are historic fiction, others not, depending on the date of birth of the author)

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m confused by your definition of historical fiction. I just read for fun.

      Delete
  2. Yay for a completed challenge!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder whether historical fiction is your favorite genre. I used to read quite a bit of historical fiction, but then I read several disappointing books in a row (I especially need the conversations in the story to be true to the times). I may have only read two historical fiction books last year---Lessons in Chemistry and I Must Betray You. Perhaps I need to check out the books you enjoyed most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, my favorites mysteries and police procedures but I do read lots of historical fiction.

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of books! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We read several of the same books this year... I really enjoyed The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, Signal Fires and Lessons in Chemistry, too. Last night, thanks to your review, I read Foster. What a gorgeous novella! Thanks you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, those are all good books, obviously in Both of our opinions :-) Glad you liked Foster. That was my first by this author.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your challenge achievement!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........