Goat Cookie Failure


I wanted to try this sensational cookie recipe I saw on ReTorte - please check them out. Her cookies look amazing. Yes, they are pretty heart shapes while mine are goat shaped.

The heart cookies are also frosted and I did not do that. Perhaps that was part of my downfall. I didn't frost.

Followed the directions to the letter; yes, yes...except the frosting. But they were not sweet at all despite using a full cup of sugar. The shape was pleasing, well to me anyway as I like goats, and perhaps I should have rolled the dough out not quite as thin.

But that wouldn't help with the lack of sweetness. I will eat them anyway.




They aren't burnt. The color is from the cocoa. Really.

7 comments:

frfozo said...

This looks really fantastic

Le laquet said...

When I first read the blog title I assumed they were goat's cheese biscuits/crackers. I love the cutter. I don't bake biscuits - #1 I'd eat them and #2 I'd just aas soon visit the local outlet of Millie's cookies.

Wandering Coyote said...

I'm surprised you didn't find them sweet. I find them just sweet enough...Ah, well. I'm glad you gave it a go! Thanks for the link & shout out!

Alastair Cunningham said...

I am in awe of someone who is a full time 'government drone' reads all those books, writes two blogs, reads other peoples' blogs, comments on them and clearly has a wonderful time cooking. When you come to Scotland I will give you lunch in exchange for your secret!

Pierce said...

ffrozo - thanks for stopping by!

Jo - Oh, I normally don't make cookies/biscuits but these looked so good. I like making cakes, brownies and other sweeties.

WC - They were actually sweet enough. I guess I am more of an oatmeal cookie or choc chip kinda girl. Normally I don't pick a sugar cookie. I love your recipes.

Alastair - Lunch sounds good. I've never had haggis and I am game to try that dish. And actually I fall asleep quite a bit in the evenings watching TV. Busy from 6:15 a.m. until dark...then zzzzzzz.

A World in a PAN said...

Goat cookies? I was relieved to see it's just the shape .. because I am not sure I'd like the taste of goat cheese in cookies ..

Alisa@Foodista said...

Delicious! What a great recipe! Hope you can come over and share this yummy treat over at Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit. Would also love a link to this post from our site.(This will direct Foodista readers to your blog)Here's how you can create inbound links from our site Check it out here. This is a great way for you to build blog traffic and connect with other food lovers! See you there! Thanks!

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...