Saturday, August 01, 2020

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone at Food 'n Flix
{I am hosting for August! Join Me!}

I am happy to announce I will be hosting the featured movie at Food 'n Flix for August.  

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the featured film and from watching this many times previously, I remember quite a bit of food offerings.


20200621_145934 

 
 The Sorcerer's Stone is probably my favorite in the movie series although Prisoner from Azkaban is a close second.  The first movie shows the wonder of Harry's discovery when told he is a wizard.  He learns he isn't a second class citizen as he's been treated by Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. ( Don't get me started on that spoiled brat Dudley), he learns about his parents and their love for him and he finds kindred souls at Hogwarts.  He experiences love and friendship. Yeah, the first movie is well done and follows the book very well.

Here is  slight preview in case you are scratching your head and thinking - Harry Potter and food?

“He had never seen so many thing he liked to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs.” 

 “Blocks of ice cream in every flavour you could think of, apple pies, treacle tarts, chocolate eclairs and jam doughnuts, trifle, strawberries, Jell-O, rice pudding—“ -food from their first feast at Hogwarts.

There is undoubtably more so you'll have plenty of inspiration if you'd like to join the party.

 I've been a Potterhead since we first started reading the books and watching the excellent movies.  

There is ample time to join in if you are interested in this virtual movie party. 


How to participate in Food ‘n Flix:

  1. Watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and create a recipe.
  2. Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS POST and a link to Food ‘n Flix. Use of the logo is optional.
  3. Please post a photo of the dish you made. Please include the following in your post: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix 
  4. Your post must be current (during month of film - August ). And of course we don’t mind if your post is linked to other events…the more the merrier.
  5. Have fun with it!
  6. Email your entries – blog or instagram – to me at tmculbertson@gmail.com and cc Heather at heather@foodnflixclub.com and include:
-your name
-name of blog as you want it written (or Instagram account)
-name of the dish/drink you created AND a direct link to your post (blog or Instagram)
-attach a photo or give permission to pull one from your post
-indicate “Food ‘n Flix Submission” in the subject line
Deadline for submission is August 31, 2020.

6 comments:

  1. I've always liked those feasts! I wrote a post about food in the Harry Potter books a long time ago, but not much about the movies:
    https://maefood.blogspot.com/2008/06/harry-eats.html

    be well... mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, wevoived both the books and movies but I think the director of the first two movies was the best of them all. Let me check out your Potter post now. There is indeed much food in the series.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited that you're hosting Tina - can you believe it's been 7 years since the last time you hosted Food 'n Flix!? Can't wait to see what everybody creates this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven years?! Wow, I hadn't realized it had been that long. Hoping this is a fun month for everyone. I already have an entry!

      Delete
  3. It's been a very long time since I've joined a Food N' Flix. I've already seen this movie but enjoyed it so I don't mind re-watching it. I plan on linking up here and at F&F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, the more the merrier! I am still debating what to prepare here.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........