Monday, August 03, 2020

August: In My Kitchen

Good morning!  It's sunny this morning at 8:30, currently 75 F/ 24 C and shaping up to be another hot sticky day.  I am on my second cup of coffee so that makes me feel able enough to type out a post. Usually I'm too foggy to organize anything.

New in my kitchen is this dough press my son and his lady friend sent recently.  I was hoping to show you how it's used in this post but that will come later on.  It's meant to help me make empanadas and I can't wait.

Recently I made enchiladas and when I do, there is always a leftover bit of refried black beans and cheese.  My plan is to make a few cheesy bean and green onion empanadas but it had to wait a few days.  Coming up soon.....

B236C742-0802-4854-9E95-966B0D0A69C6 A85313A0-B008-4A48-B075-5C1107CABE2B

Tristan also sent this seasoning mix from Omaha Steak company.  I sprinkled some on the chicken I used in the aforementioned enchiladas and it was very good.  I see using this seasoning in a variety of dishes.

1C341405-B8E1-475C-8F4C-10BDE733F662 

New brand of beans! These are sooooo good. They were recommended by my brother-in-law and was he ever correct.  The flavorings are a combo I want to try when I soak beans.  There is garlic, olive oil, vinegar, wine and more.  Hoping I can duplicate it. 

  63FDA75F-296D-4735-A82E-48418926F79E

My eggplant fix.  Nothing special, we all know how t make eggplant parm. I was hoping I'd get my act together and make a bread sturdy enough to have an eggplant parm sub...but I didn't.  This made a fine lunch and two dinners.

B4609922-4FA6-40C1-9F68-6A5F1CED557B


Everything Bagel is a seasoning from Trader Joe's store.  I'm not sure if I shared this before.  It's good on roasted potatoes and sprinkled on bread dough prior to baking.

3EC1A78C-21C1-48BB-8A7A-06D1E9339DD7

That's it for today. I'll be staying in to avoid the heat, reading and planning lunch.  We've already had second breakfast so I need a meal plan to look forward to.




It's a nice way to see what other folks across the globe have in their kitchens and hear some news.  It's a great way to visit....especially these days.


20200627_182735 20200803_114212

17 comments:

  1. You seem to have made a very good start to your day! I hope you won't be too hot & sticky. I like your empanada press. I think maybe I saw one (or something similar) being used in an episode or two of the latest Street Food, which was all about Latin America and featured a variety of empanadas.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, we have such a thoughtful son as he knows we like Kitchen gadgets. It wasn't something I'd seen before. I can also make cute little fruit pies!

      Delete
  2. I like that dough press! I've never tried or made Empanadas but I think I'd like them. The beans sound good too so I'll look for them the next time I go to the store. I love Everything Bagel. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I havent tried that press yet but I'm hoping to for the next Weekend Cooking linkup. I hope you are having a great week.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, eggplant parm. YES! I know what I'm making for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi tina
    thanks so much for joining in (and putting up my IMK logo). much appreciated. 24C is fairly cool; did the day get hotter? :-) Yep i like eggplant parm too. i've heard of that seasoning before - sounds tasty. the empanada press looks adorable. have fun with it! keep safe.
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, its always a pleasure to join up and see what is other folks' kitchen. Its another way of armchair traveling.

      Delete
  5. I love Everything But the Bagel, but had no idea it was good on potatoes or bread dough. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less, it can be used on just about anything by utbug makes a pretty sight on baked bread.

      Delete
  6. Those seasonings sound fab! I have a dough press which I have used once. I should drag it out and use it again. I've popped in via #IMK and thought I would let you know that International Scone Week is coming up soon. It would be great if you could take part. Tandy | https://tandysinclair.com/international-scone-week-2020/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tandy. I didn't know about Scone Week.

      Delete
  7. hahahahahaha I have those dough presses -- I haven't used them in ages though. Now I want to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the Trader Joe seasoning when I make my Weight Watcher's bagels. I love the idea of putting them on potatoes. My daughter in law puts it on salmon before cooking. The dough press looks like a fun gadget to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Trader Joe seasoning can go on so many things and it bumps up the flavor. Never thought about on salmon, sounds good.

      Delete
  9. I recently bought a tortilla press and used it once! Those beans sound better than the usual run of the mill we get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, if you can get that brand I think you will like them. They are so good.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........