Monday, May 11, 2009

The Weekend's Events

Fun weekend............

Last Saturday Doug and I rode 200 miles west to Dothan Alabama. While we were there we visited Dothan Powersports.

Just to look at their sales, the Victory bikes, etc. On the sale aisle I saw a beautiful helmet (for 30% off) and it fits like it was made for me. I like my black helmet but this one has personality!



Nice looking graphics. To be honest, I didn’t even notice the skull on the back until Sunday.



Sunday morning - Started breakfast with a nice toasted slice of French bread, covered with Nutella, and accompanied, quite nicely I must say, with a cup of strong black coffee.



Rode 200 miles to St George Island with my son and his young lady friend.



Me and Doug


Ate seafood, looked at the calm blue gulf water and people running around on the beach. Can you tell this is a soft shell crab sandwich?

Tristan held it up so you could see the shape.



A shrimp Po Boy sandwich



Doug and I had grilled grouper sandwiches…but evidently those photos didn’t take because, they just aren’t on the camera.

Doug’s bike is on the left – Tristan’s Triumph on the right.



Me and my handsome son.


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the seafood looks amazing! I have never had soft shell crab but am really intrigued by them and really, really would like to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow at the seafood - never had soft shell crab or a poboy ... maybe you should right a "southern states" omnivore's 50/100. What do you reckon? Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss softshell crabs sooooo much! I've never seen them on menus here in MN (if there are any, they're probably really weenie).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Coyoyte - I like crab but whne Doug wanted to fix these at home, the instructions start with "cut off the crab's face (which includes eyes)" and I'm not sure but I think they are still alive. So I was totally grossed out by that! Tristan said it was a good sandwich though.

    Jo - That is such a cool idea about the omnivoure list. We were batting ideas around last night about that!

    Tangled Noodle - where did you have them before? Funny how they retain their entire shape when fried.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........