Saturday, September 03, 2011

I’m an achiever ….that’s right

First off, thank you to Jenn of Rook #17 and Erin of EKat's Kitchen for following my site!

I’m an achiever ….that’s right. So is my husband and son. A house of achievers. What on earth am I blathering about now…..well, we are fans of the movie The Big Lebowski.



Actually, pretty much anything written by the Coen Brothers – love their movies. One thing you can count on seeing repeatedly in The Big Lebowski is a Caucasian, firmly plugged into The Dude’s hand, his mustache dripping with the White Russian’s creamy goodness every sip he takes. We watched it again a few nights back and, as usual, howled through the scenes, throwing back a couple of white and a couple of black Russians.


[being forced into a limousine]
The Dude: Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!



White Russian (also called a Caucasian): 2 parts vodka, 1 part coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa) and 1 part cream. Served with ice in a low ball glass.

Black Russian: 2 parts vodka, 1 part coffee liqueur Served with ice in a low ball glass. (Just leave out the cream)

*We actually use half-n-half

This movie is obviously not for everyone….we all have different tastes, and I know the F-Bomb offends some. If that’s the case, take a pass on the movie but by all means, mix up a nice Caucasian sometime and relax. Don’t worry about the calories because …you just can’t when you make a few of these.



The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

There is a Lebwoski Fest coming up which I wish we could attend. Imagine being surrounded by all the costumed Lewbowskis, Donny, Walter and Maude.......everyone drinking Caucasians, bowling...watching the movie and maybe seeing Jeff Bridges. He shows up at some of the festivals.

Upcoming Fest information may be found HERE

More movie quotes......

The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

The Dude: [repeated line by The Dude and others] That rug really tied the room together.

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of this movie. Let us go off to do some achieving on the patio...a storm is blowing in and it's a perfect time to sit outside and watch the clouds move in.

To all who visit me here, I hope your Labor Day weekend is going well.

Cross posting to Cocktail Puppy.


Please feel free to share this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........