Friday, November 18, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Bread. More bread talk. All I know is, I want to make bread and I am not particular about what sort….I just need to make it.

So Lewis Carroll had it right:
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”



Any recipe….as long as I have the ingredients on hand. So when I came across one for Cinnamon Raisin Bread – it was go-time!

When I hear the words raisin bread……. Thoughts and images of the cheesy egg plate at Waffle House and my mother’s cinnamon raisin toast served on a lazy summer morning pop up. After thinking about it – you just have to have a slice of toasted bread! It’s soooo good and it toasts up with a lovely crust that isn’t too hard and has the perfect amount of browning on the bread.

Then Doug (my husband is brilliant and a good cook) decided this bread would make good French Toast. Did it ever. I heard music.



When love comes in and takes you for a spin
Ooh, la, la, la, la, c'est magnifique
When every night your loved one holds you tight
Ooh, la, la, la, c'est magnifique




Recipe for the bread machine:

1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 cups Bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ¼ teaspoons bread machine yeast
¾ cup raisins

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan in the order recommended for your machine. Add raisins at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.

Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.

This is the second loaf I have tried using the entire baking process in the machine. First loaf didn't rise properly but this one was fab.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........