Montepulciano d'Abruzzo for the Weekend Wine Review

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is an Italian wine from the Abruzzo region of east-central Italy. For me, it’s also unpronounceable …that does not keep me from giving this wine a big A+
What a winner in taste and value. We bought the large bottle and have been pouring ½ liter servings in a carafe. It’s seen us through brisket (very good pairing) and leftover Carnitas.




Great mouth feel, not especially fruity and certainly not sweet. I am not a fan of sweet wine…unless we are talking dessert wines such as a Sauterne. Oh, that’s very nice with a chocolate cheese cake or hot brownie. I digress…………… Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is a good value and will be restocked at our place. Holds up well to recorking but drink up within a few days of the initial opening.

If I were sent a bottle I wouldn’t say no :-)

3 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

Why do you post this on a Sunday when the liquor stores are closed? :)

Tina said...

Waaa?! I am sorry to hear this....they are open in Florida, c'mon over Debra!

Abruzzo wine Italy said...

You are right, it's a tasty wine, worthy to be tried.

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...