Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wine Wednesday - Chateauneuf du Pape

A bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape deserves a well thought out dinner. Well, let me rephrase – for those of us who like a nice table wine and spend modest amounts on the monthly wine budget, a Chateauneuf du Pape is treat worthy of celebration at the dinner table. It goes so very well with a variety of foods; a flexible wine that embraces a roasted chicken or seduces a steak. This particular wine was a gift to my husband and so, he chooses the meal to enjoy with his Christmas wine.



The mouth feel, the scents of bramble, deep red fruit and suede…(yes, I inhaled an aroma that put suede in mind right off)….were a natural with Poulet Roti Farci au Riz et aux Figues.

As has been said many times, a roasted chicken is blank canvas to create a meal suitable for any appetite. I don’t know who said that, and I am probably paraphrasing, but in this case it’s so very true.



The magnificent flavors and texture of this pairing made us realize we need to splurge at least once a month on a very good wine. There is always something to celebrate. Chateauneuf du Pape never disappoints.



Cheers to your good health this 2014!


I am sharing this with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series.



Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

16 comments:

  1. I totally agree, Tina with both choices! As for splurging once in a while, I say Go For It!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise, I think we should all celebrate more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you're right! We have a modest wine budget, but a splurge every month or even every six weeks seems worth it. I'll have to look for a higher-shelf wine next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more of a budget wine girl myself, but I do love a splurge now and again. I love this pairing -- I usually serve a Cote de Rhone with chicken, but this sounds way better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a wine budget, but oh my gosh you make this sound amazing! Maybe for the next time I want to splurge (for myself)... *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right, ladies, we need a good splurge night now and again! Thank you so much for the nice comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice meal and pairing. Cheers to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We dabble a bit with wines here. I prefer a sweeter wine where my hubby is more dry. Hee hee. I just read that sentence and laughed. Dont tell him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to have a special treat on in awhile. Nothing wrong with a splurge in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm never good at pairing food with wine, so it's great to read blog posts that do so. That sounds like a great wine too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........