Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Wine Wednesday - 2013 Cheverny and
Sea Scallops & Salad Nicoise

Cheverny is a French white wine from the Loire Valley. A Kermit Lynch import so you know you can't go wrong. Pretty much anything we see from Kermit Lynch is a winner.

Hoisting my glass I noticed a clarity giving the appearance of pale pear juice. It doesn't taste like pears at all, rather lightly apple to the nose and palate. Nice finish.



This wine is 85% Sauvignon Blanc & 15% Chardonnay. It paired very well with Salad Nicoise and buttery garlic scallops



Never exciting, mostly delicious, always have wine.....

8 comments:

  1. I just love your pairings and appreciate so much the wine recs, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice to hear, Debra, I appreciate that very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too appreciate your wine reveiws Tina. I know nothing about wine except that I love to drink it! (how I wish I did:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had that type of white before! Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a refreshing wine for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise, we just try new ones and of course have our favorites, but it's a fun journey learning!

    Joanne, it would go well with your basil goat cheese grits :-)

    Joy, it's a keeper. Great for these very hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........