Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Seafood soup, Rogan Josh and Southern fried chicken and slaw

Recently I had the pleasure of my son's company for an impromptu dinner. Doug was out of town for business and I knew my son was on his own with leftovers for a few days.  His wife is out of town and I thought it would be a good chance to catch up and combine all our leftovers for an international  meal.

I had planned to make Rogan Josh so I'd have a hot Indian meal for dinner and leftovers for lunch.  Additionally, there were a few pieces of fried chicken and Cole Slaw in the fridge.  Tristan had made a seafood soup tossing in ingredients here and there, so he brought his pot of soup over for me to try.  Behold the international dinner.


  sea1

I must say he did a good job on this soup with no recipe at all.  Since he was playing bachelor he could add in ingredients his wife doesn't care for like onions and bell peppers.  It was great!

sea2

The seafood was a frozen mixed bag with crab, oysters, fish and mussels. His base was a jarred tomato pasta sauce, chopped onions, diced green bell peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper. It made an enormous pot of soup so he was eating it for days and days.  I suggested he freeze some before he got sick of it.  Between all the food we had it was a feast.  Lots of fun.

I'm looking forward to him joining us again for dinner now Doug is back from traveling, have a family meal as we did when he was a teenager.

 I am sharing with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series and Deb for Souper Sunday
Check out Deb's Lentil vegetable Soup HERE. and join in!



FullSizeRender (5)

9 comments:

  1. We used to have friends & neighbors that would call up at the last minute and we'd put all our dinners together like that. What fun! I think we have gotten past being able to be spontaneous that way. Or maybe I am the only one that is still cooking.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting together with family! All your food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm not great about using leftovers though I'm trying to get better. I like the sound of this feast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to have a meal with your son and a feast of flavors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just said last night "let's go out for Indian when we get home!"
    There was an Indian place here in Mazatlan last year but it appears to be closed now.
    BUT just remembered, as I write this, that someone mentioned another Indian place here, going to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice idea to share leftovers! Soup looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of my favorite dinners are made up of unique combinations of leftovers. Sounds fun and delicious.

    I like the looks of your son's seafood soup. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge believer of eating as a family - at a table. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to be able to do this with your son!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........