Sunday, August 26, 2018

Chicken and heavily Dijoned sandwich for Souper Sunday

This week for Souper Sunday I brought a chicken sandwich with lots of tomatoes and Dijon mustard.  Typically I don't eat a sandwich for dinner but I was "inspired" by the last Frieda Klein novel when I read about this sandwich.  It just made me want one.  You know how that is - cravings.

sandwich1

I like the Maille brand of Dijon, it has just the right amount spiciness. Doug was out of town and while I made soup for dinner that evening, this was a precursor while the veg soup was simmering.  The plan was to eat half and save the rest for lunch the next day.  That didn't happen.  Zero self control.

sandwich2

I did get through that last Frieda Klein book and decided to try another Nicci French novel, one that wasn't part of this series, but I didn't like it.  In the future I may try another one but for now, I have such a list of books to read that Nicci French is now on the back burner.  Looking forward to the next Cormoran Strike book and DCI Banks book  which will be published in US soon.  I love a series.


 Linking up with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for the Souper Sunday event. Check out her Watermelon Soup with Feta and Mint  HERE

FullSizeRender (5)



7 comments:

  1. I have always loved dijon and I recently finally found a Chicken Dijon recipe that everyone in the family liked. I haven't every put it on cold chicken though! I have many DCI Banks books left yet and one of the Strike books so plenty of reading to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the goodness of Maille mustard! I also like Edmond Fallot and even Grey Poupon. Looks as if you made a very delicious sandwich!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maille Dijon is my favorite too. ;-) Your sandwich looks delicious. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGC - it's my goal to tie up a few series this year. I finished Frieda Klein and am so happy to know the next Cormoron Strike novel will be out soon. We pre-ordered it! Your chicken sounds great :-)

    Thank you, Mae! I just used that same brand for a Parmesan crusted chicken cutlet recipe.

    Deb, I am always happy to participate. I'm glad you didn't have much damage fro hurricane Lane. Bugger to clean it all up. See you soon with a vegetarian chili I made for this upcoming Souper Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dijon is by far my favourite mustard. Thanks for letting me know about a forthcoming C Strike book - will get myself on the waiting list now. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to stop reading your posts before lunch! I'm starving! I love a good sandwich and this sounds so good. I'm a big fan of Maille Dijon too. The flavor is so much better than any of the others in my opinion. I just got a Siracha sandwich sauce from Publix that I'm dying to try so I might have to add sandwiches to the menu soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole, you are very welcome. We love the Strike series and I will be anxious to see the mini series. It's on Cinamax now.

    Katherine, I make myself hungry sometimes when I am perusing food blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........