Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Chicken with Mushrooms and Cream
{Instant Pot Cooking}


Chicken with Mushrooms and Cream.  I can say this may be our favorite recipe using the Instant Pot.... so far.  Martha Stewart's recipe for Arroz con Pollo is a very close second.  More on that one later.

Sadly my photography skills using an iPhone doesn't begin to do this dish justice.  It was creamy, tender and flavorful. It was hard to limit myself to a reasonable portion as it was so delicious.

fric1

A few weeks ago we had checked out a few cookbooks for pressure cooker/Instant Pot from our local library.  These two pictured below are excellent, so much that we bought both of them.  You can see the little tabs on one book for recipes to try.

The Instantly French  book now has a multitude of green stickers!  This particular recipe was not difficult to prepare, according to my husband as he is THE IP chef.  I still haven't used the IP.

imk2

Here it is in the pot........

fric3

Here is a photo from the book - my photo wasn't as good but you can get the idea of what it ought to look like in a pretty bowl.

fric2


Since Doug likes cooking in the IP and I can say the meals have been outstanding, I decided to add a new Tab at the top for recipes made in the Instant Pot.  I have the Cuban Pork Roast added already and I will drop this in there too.

Let me know if you try this one - I recommend it. Delicious!




Chicken with Mushrooms and Cream

3 Tb unsalted butter
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large onion, diced
2 TB all-purpose flour
½ pound button mushrooms (I’d say use more is you like mushrooms!)
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper
3 TB sour cream or crème fraiche

Using the sauté function, melt the butter in the pressure cooker. Add the chicken thighs and cook until pieces are lightly colored, about 3 minutes. Turn off the sauté function.

Add onion, flour, mushrooms, thyme, stock, 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper to the pressure cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
Allow the pressure to release naturally. Using the sauté function bring the cooking liquid to a boil and cook until sauce has reduced by a third, about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off the sauté function.

With a whisk, beat in the sour cream until fully incorporated. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to taste before serving.

Linking up with Beth Fish Reads for Weekend Cooking.

6 comments:

  1. Sour cream with chicken is always a delicious combination — I’m not surprised that this new appliance can be useful for a version of it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Instantly French is a new to me book -- must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good, especially as I cough my head off this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE MY INSTANT POt- yet another wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cream and mushrooms - yum! Cheers from Carole's chatter

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! Can you clarify which cookbook it came from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........