Friday, May 24, 2019

Grilling Chicken and Asparagus

This new Weber grill has taken the heat out of the kitchen and outside on the porch. Perfect when the temperatures are reaching the upper 90's already. Honestly I thought we'd have more time before being plunged into the high summer heat.

g5.jpg

We aren't missing charcoal, especially with the quick set up and no mess of the charcoal dust. Yes, I know there is a fierce debate whether charcoal or gas is better but after decades of the charcoal, Doug and I are loving this gas grill.

This was our first time trying grilled asparagus.  I rolled the stalks in a bit of olive oil and salt.

g4.jpg


Doug brushed the grill with more olive oil, grilled those for about 10 minutes and turning them at the 4 minute mark.

g3

Nothing like a platter of grilled chicken.  The aroma always gets my tummy rumbling.


g2.jpg

This was an excellent meal and we plan grilling more veggies soon.  Doug has found a recipe for grilled Brussels sprouts with Dijon and honey that sounds amazing.


g1

I never thought getting this grill would open us up to trying so many new things.  I mean things grilled.  He's going to try a pizza soon too, as soon as we buy a pizza peel.  We are inspired by this post at Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking Series.

Coming up will be our trip to Kolomoki Mounds State Park in Georgia.

Sharing with Beth Fish Reads for the Weekend Cooking event



8 comments:

  1. That food looks really good! I love grilling outside. We've had a gas grill for years but I love the taste of food made on a charcoal grill so we bought one last year. We can switch back and forth whenever we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're loving the grill! We love our gas grill and will never go back. Good luck on grilling pizza. It's super easy and pretty much the only way we make pizza now. Too funny that we're both in a pizza frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great idea, Vicki. We still have a Smokey Joe and charcoal too. Love grilled food!

    BFR- I’m glad to hear that it’s easy and we very much look forward to pizza that way. There’s a great locally owned Italian restaurant about a half hour from us and we pick a pizza up from therm here and there, don’t t like the chain restaurant type. I can’t wait to post our first attempt at grilled pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grilling season! A fun way to grill asparagus is to stab the spears with skewers to make a raft. Then you don't have to turn the individual spears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love grilled chicken and grilled asparagus too! We learned a way to use parchment paper to ease the pizza onto the grill without using a peel, I think it was described in Raichlin’s book on grilling, which is a good one to have in any case.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved our Weber grill when we had a house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be a charcoal purisst until I reasosed how few BBQ's we were doing... gas for me now Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have both but lately my husband has been obsessed with the charcoal grill. The food does take a little better but it always ends up being a bit more of a production that I miss the gas grill! Grilled chicken is always so delicious! We are grilling something today but I haven't decided exactly on what.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........