Sunday, March 07, 2021

The first Sunday Salon in March

 Happy Sunday! I have been negligent posting on either of my blogs as we had been out of town and the new pup has been taking up quite a bit of time.  Hoping to get the photos up for Stephen Foster Cultural Park soon.  Anyway, let's get to Sunday Salon :-)

Books /  While camping I finished A Bit About Britain's History. Excellent book and I can recommend it to a history buff or Anglophile.  I tried Clanlands by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish but it didn't appeal.  Amusing at first then too much buffonery, 


The Heirloom Garden was good and if you are looking for a G-rated book rich in detail about gardens and flowers, this is your book.  I would read more by this author.

I have decided to stop requesting books from the library, letting my holds come in that I have currently. I have so many books in the house already and feel I need to turn my attention to those.  They were purchased for a reason so....I'm looking to thin the shelves here.

Food / We had some great grilled food when we were camping and since we've been home I made a good batch of Picadillo.  See the photos and recipe HERE.


The Loki Chronicles / He was making improvement and then had a relapse of manners. Long story short - this dog had it rough and while he is over the moon to be in a home where he isn't abused, he will still need time to adjust. He Loves us.  No question there. He had a bath day and another examination on Tuesday.  When we went to pick him and he  was brought into the examining room, he went ballistic with joy.  Jumping and wiggling and getting on us and giving kisses. So....we are going to sort him out.  He's on Xanax for his anxiety. Yeah....Xanax. I will never understand how anyone can abuse an animal - I wish them bad karma for their  evil ways.


He did well camping. Liked sitting outside with us and walked all over. Ah...camping was so very nice.  We had good weather and spend loads of time outside.  I plan to post photos of the park soon.


Music / We listen to music outdoors or in the den, weather dependent on sitting utside.  I heard a great version of the Four Seasons on Sirius XM one morning and bought the CD.  The nice thing about purchasing through Amazon is we now have the CD and a MP3 version so we can bluetooth it to the outside speaker.



That's about it for now.  I finally made Papas Rellenos with leftovers and will share that new experience this coming week.  I hope life is good for you and yours!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, totally agree. I'm wishing worse than bad Karma for Loki's previous owner. I've been listening to a lot of classical music lately in the home office. Will have to check that out. Vivaldi is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, this is a good recording. I am a sucker for cello music and when I heard this version on the radio I wanted the recording.

      Yeah, whoever did bad things to loki needs it returned tenfold. We stopped by the vet this morning to get him weighed and they mentioned how they noticed the sacrring on his belly and legs. He's tender under the front legs too, when you pick him up. He is slowly coming around.

      Delete
  2. It's sad to contemplate a person who was so badly treated by people in his life that he takes out his pain on a poor dog. Very sad.

    I loved seeing your post about the food you prepared while you were camping. One word: wow.

    I want to support my library so much that I often check out more books than I can possibly read. It gives me a happy feeling to see them in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am not against the library by any means, I was just on the phone with them actually. One of my favorite places. The books are always coming in all at once!

      I agree about Loki's previous owner. Makes me mad and sad.

      Delete
  3. Poor Loki! I'm so happy that you adopted him and he's finding out that his new people love him and will never hurt him! It's normal for dogs to take some time until they are 100% past the horrible abuse they went through. I've had Kaiyo since January 13th, 2016 and she still has flash backs of her puppy mill days (like she won't walk through a doorway without me backing way away from the door) once in a great while. But she knows that I love her and that she's safe with me.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your post about your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I appreciate that, about Loki. It's sad for Kaiyo that she had an awful puppyhood too. I'm glad you have her, she's a cutie.

      Just posted the camping photos!

      Delete
  4. I shudder to even think about what Loki's previous life must have been like. Zelda was so traumatized at the racetrack that it took her almost 6 months to just maintain eye contact... maybe we should have tried Xanax on her, too! ;-)

    Sounds like such a wonderful camping trip! Hope we can take a detour through that park sometime on a drive north.

    I got so overwhelmed with library holds that I cancelled a bunch and am now just putting books I want to read on the overdrive "wish list". That way I remember them, and can request them when I'm close to being ready to read them. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I was surprised the vet wanted to give Xanax but it is for anxiety so...hoping that helps. Poor Zelda! She had a great life with you and knew such love. Warms my heart.

      The wish list is a great idea!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........