Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Omaha Nebraska trip

Hello there.  I take a break now and then just because I need to get away from the social media and the blogging.  This time I was away because we flew to Omaha to have a long overdue visit with our son and family.

When I retired almost two years ago the plan was to tour the country ni the RV.  Stop in Omaha or nearby to have a visit.  Then Covid hit and everything shut down.  That made it three years since we'd visited our son.  Way too long.

We stayed at a very nice place called the Farnam hotel and it was worth every penny.




It had been years since we'd been in a large city and I can tell you, we didn't see but a very small part of it but that part was a blast.


We hadn't seen our granddaughter since she was four so there was a big change interacting with this charming  seven year old. It was fun getting to pick her up at school, playing school with her at her home, eating dinner and all of it.


Dinner at the restaurant was a treat and we saw one of favorite "bad guys" (Wynn Duffy) from the TV show Justified - Jere Burns! We saw him at the bar earlier and I remarked that he looked like Wynn Duffy.  At dinner his table was next to ours so there were just us two parties seated near one another - and he was soooo nice!

Doug's end of the table was next to Jere Burns and so he knew before I did that he'd bought us dessert.  Our waiter came down to my end of the table and said the gentleman at the next table would like to buy us dessert and I asked, that kind of thing happens?  That's the stuff I read about or see in a movie, haha
Anyway, he's a nice man and introduced us to his daughter and spoke to us a bit.


Here's the family gathered after dinner. Tristan has a nice girlfriend and she's such a great mom to Lizzie.



And here's one more photo of Liz getting ready to dance with me before dinner. She's almost as tall as I am!




I did not get any photos of the dinner as I left my phone in the room.  On purpose.  I just wanted a nice night of conversation with the kids as it was our last evening.  But, if you want to see some dynamite food (pun intended) check out the menu of Dynamite Woodfire Grill HERE. I am hoping to replicate the recipe for the heirloom carrots they were so incredibly good. Oh, the desserts are true work of art. As delicious as they are pretty.

There are loads more photos but I'll post more later.

8 comments:

  1. How nice that you got to see your son and family, and that you all got to meet Jere Burns! How cool is that? Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I take so many photos I need to weed through them. We had a great time!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to more pics, too! I Googled the Farnam and it looks wonderful. I'm so glad you got to visit at last. I hope you're able to make that RV trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, it was worth the cost to stay somewhere so cool. I think the RV trip might be on for two weeks, Hopefully the awning will be installed Monday. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a perfect visit. I'm so glad it FINALLY happened... looking forward to more photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow, I missed this post and have already commented on your trip to Omaha, but I have a few things to add. You saw "Wynn Duff?" We love Justified and that must have been a treat to see him. He sounds like a nice guy and not at all like his character. ;)

    I'm so glad you were able to see your son and his family after so many years. It's been two years and a month since we've seen our daughter and son-in-law (they're in Franklin, TN). Stupid Covid! I hope we get to see them soon... it's not the time of year to drive out there in the RV and we don't want to fly, so we'll have to see if they can come to us.

    Take care, Tina. Love you pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les - YES! Wynn Duffy! I was star struck. The bar staff and our waiter mentioned he comes in a lot and he's kind.
      It was so great to visit with family after all this timie. We were worried about the flight as we've read so many horror stories about rude passengers but it was fine. I hope you get to see your daughter and family soon.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........