Saturday, October 09, 2021

Soft Garlic Herb Cheddar Cheese Bread - A recipe from Tieghan Gerard

 Okay, trying to get my blogging/cooking mojo back by joining in with I Heart Cookiing Clubs  and their featured chef Tieghan Gerard.  For the next six months her recipes will be the focus.

I am going to start with one of her breads.  This is a soft garlicy, cheesy and herb filled bread. The bread was enormous when it came out of the oven. I immediately froze half of it as we have no business eating this much bread.  It's just the two of us



So, you make the dough. Once the dough rises as you roll it out into a rectangle. Then sprinkle all the cheeses, herbs and garlic - as if you were making cinnamon buns.



Roll it



Then the tricky part! Once you roll it up as you would a cinnamon roll you need to cut down the middle lengthwise. Just so you know, there’s going to be cheese and herbs all over the counter. Now twist the two pieces around each other.



Once it's twisted up you take this rope of dough and coil them into just a round mass. Very carefully place this on parchment paper on a baking sheet.




The aroma will have your mouth watering. In spite of all the cheeses I was actually expecting it to blend more, those little ribbons of cheese all the way through. That said, it was a very good bread to have with dinner


The recipe from Tieghan Gerard may be found HEREShe also has nicer photos 😉

Sharing with




13 comments:

  1. That looks pretty complicated! I can almost smell the aroma of herbs and cheese through the Internet.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it wasn't as complicated as it looks but yeah, a little extra effort as opposed to a baguette!

      Delete
  2. Smart to freeze half! I can imagine how difficult it would be stop eating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR, i'm glad we did freeze it because i have takne it out and carved a few slices off for dinners.

      Delete
  3. I'd have to freeze half too. But man that looks good. I've never tried making any kind of bread other than banana so I don't know how it would turn out if I tried all that fancy rolling and twisting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I had to watch a video because I was confused about the coiling, but it was worth it.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't have the willpower to freeze half. We would be plowing our way through the whole thing. OMG does it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I've already gained that Covid weight so I HAD to freeze half!

      Delete
  5. I'll have to make this when I can give away half. I have a weird thing about freezing bread - hold over from childhood I think. It does look complicated and messy but tasty. We are having tomato tortellini soup tonight and I think this would have been perfect with it! I need to get this book from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, this would have gone so well with your soup. Definitely check this out from the library but this particular recipe was on Tieghan's blog.

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing!! Great idea to freeze half though... I never would have had the willpower to stop eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........