Saturday, December 11, 2021

Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart makes a great appetizer

 The theme this week at I Heart Cooking Club is appetizers.  Perfect for this time of year, especially if you host parties or want to make festive appies for your dinner.

I saw a photo of Ina Garten's tomato and goat cheese tart and thought - I need this on our table. It's easy to use puff pastry and also easy to assemble. I made a mess in the kitchen but clean as you go and it's no problem!

Thaw the puff pastry and roll out with a rolling pin.  Cut a six inch piece using a saucer as a guide. It's just a matter of layering carmelized onions, Parmesan cheese, tomato and basil.  Here it is before being popped in the oven.


It didn't puff up the sides as I hoped but it sure was tasty. I'd make this again.



While I didn't nail it with Ina's presentation I did manage to make it close so that's a win. Check out Ina's photo and recipe HERE

Sharing with:








17 comments:

  1. If only I could find gluten free puff pastry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, not sure if I’ve ever seen gluten free puff pastry. I’ll look next time I shop & let you know the brand if I see any.

      Delete
  2. I love goat cheese tarts. Bite-sized sounds good for parties.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae. I’m sure smaller portions could be made, you’re correct, perfect for parties. I love most cheeses and goat cheese in particular.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I would have to sub something for the goat cheese. I had to drink goats milk as a youngster (lactose issues) goat anything and I are no longer friends taste wise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, same issue I had as a baby. My father had to go to farms in Amish country (PA.) to get me goat milk but I still love the cheeses. I don’t think this recipe would work for you at all so I’d skip it. Now I know you can’t drink wine or eat goat cheese! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. I’ve always been drawn to this recipe! Who can resist puff pastry? I love the red and green. It looks so festive and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it wasn’t as difficult as I’d initially thought and I’ll be making it again. Tasty!

      Delete
  5. Boy those look delicious. I just got a new cookbook for review that has a whole section on appetizers .. I'd be happy to make them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR, appetizers are certainly fun to make and they can be a meal on their own in some cases. I can’t wait to see a review of the book you just received.

      Delete
  6. Oh, my... this looks just delicious! I love these flavors. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tried goat cheese before but this sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. V, I think this was a great blend. You could certainly another cheese if you weren't a fan though.

      Delete
  8. Puff pastry with the tomato slices, caramelized onion and gluey cheeses is a great concept. Who wouldn't be happy eating ones of these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking! Loved that combo.

      Delete
  9. This looks amazing! I adore carmelized onions and puff pastry! I love goat cheese but am seriously allergic to it so I can't eat it anymore but I could replace it with bleu cheese or something else.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........