Tuesday, September 06, 2022

In My kitchen for September

It's time for Sherry's In My Kitchen event and for once I have something new to share :-)

I don't usually have any additions in my kitchen except a newly tried recipe. These silicon utensils are recent residents in the drawer.  The spatula and spoon are mismatched as I wasn't sure which color to get.  Now I don't care if they match as I like both. The bottle brush is for the Mueller electric kettle.


I was delighted to see our grocery store carrying a new brand of Baba Gannouge.  We love the smoky eggplant flavor and texture.  Grabbed some pita bread for dipping.  Also noticed this Blue Crab dip so I grabbed it as well.  Haven't tried it yet.


We don't normally have sparkling wines but on a whim I wanted champagne. Doug's birthday is coming up and I don't know if he'd want this but never hurts to have a bottle in the fridge. 

 Also grabbed this Chenet Chardonnay (not realizing it was sparkling). Have not tried it yet.



Last week I made a tomato pie. Alas, I did not get a photo of the end result but you can see it HERE and get the recipe. It's from Bon Appetit and a winner.


That's my roundup. In My Kitchen is hosted by Sherry once a month.  A group of folks all around the globe post their kitchen happenings and we visit each other. That's how I travel - reading and seeing what people around the world are cooking and gardening :-)

Sharing with Sherry's Pickings for In My Kitchen and Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking.




24 comments:

  1. That's a serious bottle of champagne! I hope you enjoy it at a great celebration. I like that type of silicon utensils -- though I find the spatula a bit too thick for conveniently getting underneath a pancake or a fried egg.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I agree about the thickness of the spatula but for other food items it works a treat. I have another thin spatula which I love. Thanks for the good wishes for celebrations!

      Delete
  2. I like our silicon utensils, especially the spatula for cleaning out jars. The tomato pie looks yummy! I hope you enjoy the birthday celebration with champagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, the small ones are indeed perfect for scraping around jars. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  3. That blue crab dip... hmm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I think I'm opening it when we open the wine. I hope it's as good as crabcakes :-)

      Delete
  4. hi tina
    thanks much for joining in this month. I love baba ganoush! the smokier the better. i think i have the same spoon as your pink one but in dark blue. so handy. in the old days (last year) when i used to drink, Veuve was my fave! thanks for using my IMK badge too! appreciate it. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, I have been cutting way back on the wine and may eventually quit. Health reasons. We love the baba ganough too and I have never tried ot make it, ought to try one day. Thanks for hosting the IMK :-)

      Delete
  5. Tina, I was just commenting on Sherry's cute acquisitions to her kitchen (small world). Looks like you are going to be enjoying your new silicone utensils-I am fan. They are resistant to high-heat, and are versatile. Baba Ghanoush is always good. I enjoyed visiting your blog today.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Velva. The new utensils are great and add a bit of color. Too thick to flip eggs though. Got into that French sparkler last night and it was dangerously good.

      Delete
  6. That's our favorite brand of champagne, I hope you enjoy it. The tomato pie looks delicious and lovely brown crisp skin on the grilled chicken. I have never seen that crab dip, hmm... I will look for it. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, I usually go for the Mumm but decided to mix it up this time. We have not tried the crab dip yet but I am looking forward to it! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. I have the same bottle brush, but in turquoise! Never thought to use it in my kettle though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tandy, my tea pot gets that hard water scuzz in it if I don't use the brush. It's good for other cleaning too!

      Delete
  8. Roasted eggplant dip is so moreish and we make it often. Always handy to have a chilled bottle waiting in the fridge, hubby might be very pleased when his birthday comes around. The tomato pie I bet tasted delicious. Have a great September :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moya, that tomato pie was very good and I recommend making it. Bon Appetit recipes are great.

      Delete
  9. Always a good idea to have champagne available! And that tomato pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, I agree about the champagne! The tomato pie is an easy meal and so good with vine ripened tomatoes.

      Delete
  10. The chardonnay and the tomato pie look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a big silicone spoon at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago and use it all the time. The tomato pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The brush for your electric tea kettle is such a good idea- I think I need one. I've never seen that brand of baba ganouge but it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i had a silicone bottle brush like that and did not care for it, BUT I can see where it would be great for the bottom of a kettle or coffee pot. Maybe I should have kept it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. No cooking for me this week! I like baba ganouge but John doesn't. I am not eating very healthy this week, was so happy to have salad last night!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........