Sunday, April 26, 2020

Souper Sunday with vegetable beef soup and homemade chicken salad
{Lunch on the patio}

Today I will share a hodgepodge of soup and sandwiches we have been preparing and eating during the past two weeks. I sometimes miss grabbing a bite out and getting Thai or Indian or Greek...that was before and one day I know we will all get back to business as usual.
What I imagine will be different is our perspective on things we used to take for granted.

Lunch at home is healthier and more economically sound but some of the meals I miss are the Mediterranean  chicken at Zoe's, Pad Thai at the Thai Kitchen, Pollo ala Plancha at Gordo's Cuban restauarnt, the buffet at Essance of India with wonderful naan and dal and paneer.....mmmm.  The other end of the spectrum is a small burger at Five Guys.  They also have the best french fries around, IMO.

This makes it sound like we ate out all the time but we usually enjoyed a lunch out when we did a lot of errands.  Those are my favorite places. What do you miss for a lunch meal at a restaurant?

Ok, lunch on the patio: Here we have a beef vegetable soup stocked with so many veggies and fresh baguette.


 F56E3C05-D883-41B4-A497-CA6736EAF117

Homemade chicken salad with lots of tomatoes on toasted potato bread.

667EC70A-E668-466A-AB1F-F87EA572A188

Aja asking for a bite.  How can I resist. :-)

852C5616-C94C-40A3-AC89-AC3D1ACCB65D

Coming up I hope I can motivate myself to make French Onion Soup and link with I Heart Cooking Club. They are featuring Julia Child recipes and this soup has been on my short list for a while.


Sharing with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for her Souper Sunday event. Check out her Chickpea Alphabet soup.

8 comments:

  1. I am with Aja, I want a bite! ;-) Your soup and bread and sandwich all look wonderful. Thanks for sharing them at Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, Aja gets more than she should most times. I have been enjoying making bread again.

      Delete
  2. All those foods look delicious. I used up all my leftover chicken for dinner last night so, sadly, no chicken salad today. Soup is also a great choice for lunch.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I have an Olive Garden knockoff recipe for a gnocchi soup to try this week. I found that one someone's site and it looks good. Leftover chicken is always welcome here for sandwiches or casseroles.

      Delete
  3. Yum! I agree with Aja for wanting a bit and you for not being able to resist that sweet face. I'm jealous of your Cuban restaurant. We have lots of great food options but no Cuban places. We were in Tampa for about a month back when the Tornado was a baby and I think I ate at the Cuban place down the street from our hotel once a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I am surely missing the Cuban restaurant we used to go to for lunch. We have three Cuban places here and next time we get to go I will take photos.
      Tampa is where Doug's brother lives and it is absolutely an amazing place for restaurants.

      Delete
  4. The soup looks really good! I almost made vegetable soup with leftover frozen ham yesterday but the ham didn't thaw in time. I ❤ Aja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki, Aja rules our house and we love her so much. That ham in soup sure sounds good!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........