Friday, December 18, 2020

Giada's Sundried Tomato Corn Muffins

It's Potluck time at I Heart Cooking Club and this week I chose a Giada De Laurentiis recipe.  We'd made a cottage pie the day before as the temperatures have been cold and very damp.  Comfort food rather than light fare to warm up. These little muffins were a good accompaniment.  Light enough and filled with goodness.


 This mess of a photo shows the buttery corn muffins with bits of tomato and garlic. I ate two :-)



I used muffins cups so I wouldn't have to scrub out the pan but they are easier to serve up this way. Also, I cut the recipe in half as it's just the two of us.  Wouldn't want the leftovers to go stale before we could get to them.


Giada's Sundried Tomato Corn Muffins

Ingredients

2 (8 1/2-ounce) packages corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
3 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (from an 8-ounce jar)
2/3 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup sour cream
2 large eggs

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease two muffin tins.

In a large bowl, stir and combine the muffin mix, corn, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes.

In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, sour cream, and eggs together until well blended. Add the buttermilk mixture to the muffin mix, stirring to combine.

Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling each cup about halfway.
Bake until golden brown on top, approximately 15 minutes.

Sharing with:



20 comments:

  1. What a great combination adding the sun-dried tomatoes to the corn meal mix. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judee, they arre very moist and held over well the next day. Recommended!

      Delete
  2. These sound delish. I copied the recipe because I'm making chile soon and love cornbread with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living very near the Jiffy Mix plant in Chelsea, MI, I find it neat that you use their product. I generally just measure out the cornmeal and flour etc. and make my cornbread from scratch. Muffins seem to fussy to lazy me. Those add-ins sound good.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it's not often I use the Jiffy but it sure comes in handy for our "hurricane pantry" and for quick sides. Love the addition of the tomatoes! I think I need to try cheese next.

      Delete
  4. I would have not thought to put dried tomatoes in corn muffins, but I will now, especially a skillet of cornbread. I fear I too am a lazy baker...Take care and Merry Christmas to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, this is a Giada quickie recipe I had been meaning to try for a while. Totally worth it.

      Delete
  5. I have made her corn muffins before and I love how she uses Jiffy, especially since that's what my mom always used. These are so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, they are handy ingredients to have around for staying isolated or for storm season too. Love these.

      Delete
  6. I'm a Jiffy mix fan too! I usually make my corn muffins from scratch but my mom used Jiffy. And I agree, it's a great pantry staple for those days when you just need everything to be easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR, its a good backup staple. I did learn to refrigerate them next time instead of storing them in a container on the table. The buttermilk in them requires it.

      Delete
  7. These sound good, wonder if I can just use corn flour to make them gluten free?

    Good ahead, take any of the posters I show, I find them online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, not sure if corn flour would work but any experiment in the kitchen is worth a try. Thanks about the posters!

      Delete
  8. I love corn muffins and sundried tomatoes! In January, I want to do a lot of pantry cooking and limit our shopping to fresh fruits and vegetables only, to use up what we have before buying more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, sounds like a great idea. I need to rotate the pantry supplies soon.

      Delete
  9. Yes, please. This recipe sounds delicious and would be perfect with most any soup (but why am I specifically thinking chili?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, its that time of year in our neck of the woods for soups and chili. Absolutely!

      Delete
  10. These sound amazing and I pinned this for later. I'm not cooking much right now but will start again soon.
    Book arrived! Such great condition. Will email you soon but wanted to let you know. Merry Christmas Tina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, you'll find these muffins a breeze to toss toegtehr, great last minute addition to dinner. Glad the book made it, have a great Christmas!!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........