Saturday, April 03, 2021

In My Kitchen and Weekend Cooking

I have not prepared many new recipes this week but revisited some old favorites.  Hoping to get a Jacques Pepin meal on the table in a few days so I can hook up with I Heart Cooking Club.
The temperatures have been up and down and this week we will prapare some hearty dishes for warmth.  Last week we were dining outdoors.  Now we are running the heater. 

In the kitchen / Doug made a good batch of  Arroz con Pollo in the instant pot last Sunday. I had to sample the olives to sure they were good but I did manage to stop myself before I ate them all.



We also had lasagna and it was so hearty we had it for a few dinners and a lunch.  Not everyday but spread out over several.


 A new addition in our kitchen is this Ultra Kettle by Mueller.  


It heats the tea water very rapidly and has these blue lights which highlight what's happening in the glass kettle.  We love it. I did a test run of filling this kettle and our stovetop kettle with the same amount of water.  The Ultra kettle brings it to a boil much faster so...I get my evening tea fix a little sooner.



Not too many plans in the works...just awaiting an estimate for the kitchen remodel, going to a few doctor appointments and we get our second covid vaccine next week. Yea! 


Sharing with Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking and Sherry's Pickings for the In My Kitchen event.





15 comments:

  1. I’m visiting my daughter, who has that same kettle for her tea. The blue lights are fun, especially the way they automatically turn off when it comes to a boil.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, we love this kettle. It’s efficient and pretty too. I saw the photo on your blog. Glad you can visit!

      Delete
  2. We bought a Hamilton Beech electric kettle that has been so disappointing to use. It takes forever to bring the water to a boil! We have another electric kettle in the RV that is much faster. I'm really tempted to get rid of the HB and buy something else. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I’d recommend this brand as it’s quick and pretty as well. My father-in-law bought one years ago and he was disappointed in it, especially compared to ones he used in England. I think they make them better these days.

      Delete
  3. That Lasagna looks really good, I haven't had any in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, pure comfort food. We’ve been getting colder weather again so I made heartier fare.

      Delete
  4. I Googled that Ultra Kettle but all that came up was Premium! I love the blue lights.

    The arroz and the lasagna look delicious!

    I love Jacques Pepin!!! Can't wait to see what you make of his.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comfort food. So funny i am sure i saw that kettle on another IMK bloggers post. I hope your keeping well too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a different electric kettle and love it. Yours look really cool. I love all your dishes this week, and now I have a craving for arroz con pollo

    ReplyDelete
  7. that kettle looks like a lot of fun! love the blue light. we have a kettle that sits on a cradle/gimbal and you can just pull it down to pour out water. it's fab. thanks for joining in IMK this month. great to have you. your lasagne reminds me i have to make some soon; it is made with grated zucchini and ham; really light and fabulous.
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like that kettle! I do like making lasagna so that I can have leftovers for lunch during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lasagna is always welcome at my house.. such a labour of love :) I rarely make it, but when I do, I absolutely love stirring the bechamel sauce, so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the second upcoming shot! Love the tea pot. I have an antique kettle that I won't part with though. That Arroz con Pollo looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Arroz con Pollo looks amazing but I'll have mine without the olives! I love that kettle! I bought an electric kettle right before we went up to Memphis the last time and absolutely love it but I think I might have to pick up one like yours. Love the colored lights! Yay for the 2nd shot! I get mine in 2 weeks and am really excited to have it over and done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on getting the vaccine! It's such a wonderful feeling of freedom. We have an electric kettle with lights as well although not the same brand. After having had one (it's probably the most used appliance in our kitchen), it's difficult to going back to a pot on the stove. I find it a safety item as well, no forgetting the water boiling on the stove when you go to answer the phone.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........