Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Hazelnut Brownies

 The theme this week at I Heart Cooking Club is Land of Sweets.  Appropriate for the holiday season, eh? When I was still working people would bring in so many sweets that you'd end up swearing them off for the new year. Overload.

As I am retired now the temptation of too many desserts sitting around has been removed.  I honestly do try to keep baking to a minimum, except bread of course.

Anyway, to join in I made these hazelnut brownies using Nutella from a Tieghan Gerard recipe.  Five ingredients!  Look at this photo, looks like fudge getting ready to go in the oven. 


The first sample we tried using a whipped topping.



Next a little spread of Nutella on the brownies.  That's so rich.




Tieghan Gerard's 5 ingredient Nutella brownies

1 cup of hazelnut spread such as Nutella
4 TB soft butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup AP flour

Mix up all the ingredients except flour until smooth.  Next add the flour but don't overmix it.  Just blend well.
Pour into a baking pan, 8x8 lined with parchment paper. 
Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the middle cleanly.

Next time I would add the entire jar of Nutella instead of 1 cup.  It's just a little bit more and I think it would make the brownies more moist.  These came out cakelike so if you like your brownies more....ooey...cut back on flour a bit and add more Nutella.


Sharing with






12 comments:

  1. I will be making them soon!! I might even use my favorite brownie recipe - from a Susan Branch cookbook - and substitute the hazelnut spread for the choc chips. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, I’m glad I could offer inspiration :-) The chocolate chips were an optional addition to this recipe but I didn’t add them.

      Delete
  2. That is an incredibly simple recipe. However, not for me -- unlike almost everyone else, I do not like Nutella and I do not like the flavor combo of hazelnuts and chocolate. Strange.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it’s not strange, we all have different tastes. I’m not a fan of Brussels sprouts at all but I see many posts starring those bitter little cabbages 🙃

      Delete
  3. i can never resist nutella so it's best for me not to have it in the house :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, I get you, I am starting to feel that way about wine!

      Delete
  4. Yum! I love Nutella and Nutella brownies sound even better. I normally make Ghiradelli brownie mix and then my favorite late night snack is to get a brownie, microwave it for a few seconds and then spread a little bit of peanut butter on it. I bet Nutella would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, Ghiradelli is my favorite brand and I like the Supreme or walnet variety. Peanut butter sounds like a good addition.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I may have to try this. I love Nutella but I recently bought an almond-chocolate combo -- I bet it'd work in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR - the almond chocolate would certainly be a winner. I'd eat that!

      Delete
  6. Aha...so it's nutella on top! Well, if this isn't the easiest and most delicious looking brownie out there! I do have to put this straight onto the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........