Thursday, March 10, 2022

Donna Hay's Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes
(Also it's Voting Time at I Heart Cooking Club!)

The theme this week at I Heart Cooking Club is Spring Cleaning.  (It's also time to vote/suggest a new chef)  I went through the freezer and found some chicken thighs that needed to be used and in the fridge there was a container of mixed cherry tomatoes.

One of my go-to cookbooks is Donna Hay's Off The Shelf: Cooking from the Pantry.  Within is a recipe using tomatoes and olives and I just so happened to have both.


This makes a colorful presentation. I have prepared a similar version using a Martha Stewart recipe.  Fast, economical and tasty.


Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes

4 chicken breast fillets (I used bone in thighs)
8 oz mixed cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup  mixed black and green olives
fresh oregano
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea and freshly ground black pepper

Method:
Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 220°C (I adjusted to 375 F)
Place the chicken breast fillets (thighs) in the centre of a large ovenproof baking dish.
Arrange the cherry tomatoes, mixed olives, fresh oregano around the chicken.
Sprinkle over the lemon zest and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil.
Season well with salt and pepper.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 40–50 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked.
Baste with the pan juices and serve immediately.

Sharing with I Heart Cooking Club for the Spring Cleaning theme.




8 comments:

  1. That looks good! I love all of the ingredients but have never tried baked olives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, this is super easy & I love the baked olives.

      Delete
  2. I've really enjoyed the Donna Hay's books I've tried but haven't tried much of her savory recipes. This looks good EXCEPT for the olives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I’ll eat your share of the olives.

      Delete
  3. Awesome your post .. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the colors...it's stunning! No one would believe it was so simple either. It seems like the perfect spring/summer dish, doesn't it? When I think of Donna Hay I always feel like her recipes are so simple, but they have such an elegant flair.

    Thank you for the kind comments about running IHCC. I enjoy doing it (most of the time). lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, this is one of the quickest recipes ever. Love it. Also, you and Deb are absolutely amazing keeping up with IHCC. I couldn't do it!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........