Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A stroll around Tallahassee Nurseries

A few people expressed interest in a local nursery we frequent as it's very park-like, a wonderful place to wander around. We went a week ago and I have more photos, especially the ones in the green house where there's a koi pond, a bridge over it and lots of cool lights and plants.  

 Tallahassee nurseries hosted a Spring Fling on Thursday.  We didn't go as it would be packed and far enough away from our home that....wouldn't want to drive home later.  The tickets are expensive but it's for a good cause - fundraising for Tallahassee Hospice. Food, wine and music are provided.



These colorful pots are on our wishlist as they'd look great in your back yard.


This is the gift cottage - loads of windchimes, pottery and cards.


The clay pots displayed 👇


The greenhouse is a cool place to go when the sun is beating down on you.  Besides plants they have koi pond which Loki found very interesting.


It's hard to tell by this photo but here is a hanging window frame covered in fairy lights.  I am on the bridge over the koi, trying to get a good shot while Loki pulls me toward the water....in the opposite direction. The people on the other side of the bridge might have thought I was trying to get their photo :-)


The lit up ball with lights would look great at home but....not sure how we'd get electricty to it ....maybe use solar lights?


We need to get more pine straw for the beds we started but it's been so awfully hot, keep putting it off.  Maybe this week after the rains have passed.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, Tallahassee Nurseries is one of my favorite places to go on a Sunday. It's a wonderful zen place to get into all kinds of trouble buying plants and other fun garden things ( smile).

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velva, we belong to the rewards program and spend a few dollars there on beautiful plants.

      Delete
  2. I love the pots! I'd definitely spend some time and money at the gift cottage and in the nursery. I love Koi ponds, and it looks like Loki does too. If I'm ever up that that way and the nursery is open I'll stop and check it out.Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, the nursery is oprn 7 days a week and is a pleasure to stroll around. So much to see!

      Delete
  3. I really love those clay pots, Tina, especially the chicken pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I have a clay chicken pot which I just transplanted a spider plant. It's not as colorful as the one shown here but it's one of my favorite pots.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous place! I love garden stores and nurseries, even when I don't have anyplace to plant things. I would love those colorful pots.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, if are slowly expanding the planting beds at home, next year we'll add more daylilys. It a great place for ideas and wandering around.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Shelleyrae, best nursery in town :-)

      Delete
  6. Those colorful pots are wonderful! I love wandering around nurseries. We also have one with a koi pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty nursery! I love the colorful pots - especially the chicken. That one isn't my usual style but it has such cheerful character! I love all the fairy lights. I wonder if you could get solar or battery operated ones? We have some battery operated outside pillar candles that are on a timer and they work out pretty well so I would think fairy lights would kind of work the same. And now I want to go shopping for flower pots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, we just picked up some small solar globes and they twicnkle at night. I can't get a great photo but they are impressive to watch twinkling in the back yard.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous photos!! I want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, It's a great place to wander around. Hard to resist spending money though :-)

      Delete

It's been a good run...........