Sunday, April 07, 2019

Broccoli, Potato & Spinach creamy soup

I think I am getting in just under the wire with Deb`s Souper Sunday!  I am trying to blog using a tablet and it has never been a successful endeavor for me. It is the uploading of photos that throws me every time.

This past few days we looked at small laptops and decided to take a chance on one at Best Buy.  They are small screens and on sale for only $129 - our utility bill is higher than that!  So we took a chance.

Today they went back as the Windows 10 version, S mode, is not friendly for the basic user, It doesn’t like anything Chrome/Google and that is where this blog is hosted.  There were other issues too so the tiny computers went back.

Anyway......I was fortunate enough to receive a cool new eBook called Soups and Stews recently and wanted to share one result for Souper Sunday.  There will be more coming up.

Here is the first recipe - a healthy broccoli potato and spinach soup.  Very creamy!





Creamy Broccoli, Potato and Spinach Soup

1 head broccoli
3 potatoes
spinach, chopped
I sliced onion
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
3 cups water
5 ounces cream ( I used milk)

Sauté onions in olive oil. Add cut up potatoes and cover with 3 cups water. Simmer about 20 minutes then add broccoli and spinach. Now add cream (I used milk). Use food processor or immersion blender to make it extra smooth.

This recipe comes from a new book Soups and Stews by the author Emily Brown.  I will add more recipes and do a review soon.



Sharing this creamy soup with Souper Sunday at Kahakai Kitchen
Check out Deb’s Egg Drop Soup Here








6 comments:

  1. It looks creamy and delicious. I made your soup's 'cousin' with cauliflower and potato! ;-) Thanks for keeping me company at Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are finally getting a bit of spring weather, so I hope that soup season is over for a while now! But that looks like a very appealing combination of flavors. Maybe for a cold soup?

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I don't see spinach listed though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, always a pleasure to share some soup with you!

    Mae - I'm glad of the Spring weather. I will eat soup year round though.

    Thanks, Vicki, I just edited the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the laptop struggle is always annoying. Have you checked the Dell website? I got my laptop for a decent price (though not as cheap as the littles from Best Buy!) and have liked it. Also my daughter got a refurbished Chrome book off Amazon and loves it and she's hard on technology. I hope you find something as I know blogging with a tablet is all kinds of annoying. I think of myself as relatively tech savvy but I still haven't figured out the uploading picture thing. It's pure luck when I manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you pop over to Food on Friday: April with this one. Cheers from Carole's chatter

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........