Wednesday, July 03, 2019

🎵 I can see clearly now 🎵

July.  Can't believe half the year has passed.  I have had a lot going on these past few weeks so the planned June update just didn't happen. 

Something New:  The cataract surgery finally happened.  What a miraculous change. Honestly, I was so anxious about the surgery because it's my eye 😬 ! But all went well.  For what it's worth, if you are extremely nearsighted as I am, it's a life changer.  The left eye was done first making me farsighted.  Knocking a lens out of my old glasses didn't work for me though.  Being farsighted in one eye and nearsighted in the other made me non-functional. I couldn't drive, read, use a computer or crochet.  #sadface

I could watch a movie from across the room, letting my new eye take over for clarity.  That's it.  I missed reading very much and am about to start back soon.  They scheduled the right eye surgery the following week as I was a sorry case.  Now I am healing and taking it slowly using a computer so I don't strain my new eyes.  So if you haven't heard from me and I haven't linked up with you - this is why.

Pet News: Last month Aja was stricken with Vestibular syndrome and needed medical treatment.  That was a bit of anguish to our nerves and wallet.  But she is well now, thankfully.

Sharing recipes: A shout out to Carole at Carole's Chatter for trying the Oregano Lemon Chicken.  Glad you enjoyed it!
Prior to my surgery I posted about Hawaiian Chicken and was planning to link up with Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking series.  But I couldn't see or use the computer so....no linkup.  If you want the recipe it's HERE.  It's good!  Soon I will be linking with Sherry's In My Kitchen for July.  That's coming up/

Watching:  We had more TV time this past month. We watched Everest and it was excellent.  It's the second time we have watched it and this lead to Doug and I both reading Into Thin Air by Jon Kraukauer. 
Disappointments were The Kidd with Chris Pratt Captain Marvel.  We had looked forward to those and they were just Meh
Cold Pursuit with Liam Neeson was surprisingly good with some dark humor.  We almost sent it back to the library without watching it as I thought it would be a rerun of his other movies. 
We also watched Master and Commander and an interesting documentary about The Egg with David Attenborough.

Reading:  I finished Kate Morton's The Distant Hours but I had started that one in May.  In June, prior to surgery Doug and I read Into Thin Air and I read Blood Orange by Harriet Tyce and The Tuscan Secret.

That's was June and now we move on to hot, hot July.  
I'll be visiting around here and there in the near future.



4 comments:

  1. So glad Aja is better, and that you are seeing better. I'm going to be clicking the link for the Hawaiian Chicken, the name made my mouth water :)

    Last night I watched Running For Grace on Netflix, it was really good. Today a friend recommended Remember, so I'll be watching it a bit later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cataract surgery is so stressful! I'm glad you now have improved vision and can get back to normal (or maybe even better than normal). Also good news about the pup!

    Smooth sailing from here on!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your cataract surgery went well and how great you can see again! Hopefully you're back to reading again! Aja definitely gave you a bit of worry this month so it's such a relief to hear she's been better ever since. I need to get back to The Distant Hours. I'm enjoying it though I wouldn't call it my favorite of hers. But it got put on the back burner a bit ago and I need to finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news for both you and Aja. I have the hints of early cataracts, so I know I have surgery in my future, though probably not for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........